The following is a list of some of my favorite prayers.
I hope they will become favorites of yours also.
1. Help me! – from 109:26.
Very simple and to the point. Especially helpful in emergencies.
2. God be merciful to me a sinner – Luke 18:13.
I pray this every day, especially when I think I am doing well.
3. Now therefore, I pray Thee, if I have found grace in Thy sight, show me now Thy way, that I may know Thee – Exodus 33:3.
A good prayer to say before studying God’s word – or as soon as one is old enough to talk.
4. Heal me oh, Lord and I shall be healed, save me and I shall be saved,
for You are my praise – Jeremiah 17:14.
Pray this one with your arms reaching up to God and believe that He is reaching for you.
5. Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me, lest I be full, and deny Thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.- Proverbs 30:8, 9.
This is a very practical prayer that will help guard our hearts from the sin of covetousness. We have to covet contentment to pray this one effectively.
6. I pray that God may - grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fullness of God. – Ephesians 3:16-19.
This is a great prayer to pray for your friends. It’s a wonderful thing to have friends that are rooted and grounded in love. Please pray this one for me.
7. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. - Psalm 51:10.
Bathe yourself with this prayer daily.
8. Father, forgive them, they don’t know what they are doing - Luke 23:34.
A simple prayer of forgiveness to pray for those who have hurt you, and to help remind you to forgive them, too.